Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Adding a way to hack buttbots without an Emmag
Lightbulb 
Hello! This one is pretty simple! Unsure what method of hacking or creation of a hacked Buttbot we should go with However; I know engineering would appreciate an easier way to obtain methane and when I mentioned this on the discord someone said I should give it a mention here. 

Also gives more of a reason to interact with robotics and anyone who might have an easier time constructing butt bots as well. I am also a fan of opening up some of the emmag effect lists with alternative higher-effort methods as currently, it does suck a bit to have a lot of gimmick potential locked behind an Emmag. 

What way you would all like to see it implemented? Leave your thoughts below!  queen greater domestic space-bee
May be make the panel like MULE bot.
Buttbots become chemical warfare with emags.. why do you want to hack em?
(05-26-2024, 09:05 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Buttbots become chemical warfare with emags.. why do you want to hack em?

It is in the text after the title but honestly I am realizing the title should be something like

"giving engineers a more convenient way of obtaining farts"

Although Leah did mention she made the methane can from the frog trader being somewhat uncommon so it wasn't an every shift thing. 

I also know people who do want to mess with it don't  want to sit in an air tight room farting for however long they need to. 

I was thinking some sort of compromise to meet in the middle would be some sort of way to automate the process after a bit of effort so people can RP or do other things while a bot they hacked or something did the work. 

Could be something robotics needs to get involved for or maybe some rusty old hunk of junk that needs to be repaired somewhere in engineering maintenance or something so people mass producing it to gas the station isn't  a problem. 

It was mostly something I had mentioned in passing that someone thought I should post on the forums for better fart method than well...the old fashioned way.
Okay, having now played with and done a gimmick with bot bots. I now think it would be a pretty bad idea unless their mechanics were changed. Because they tend to explode themselves and release chem clouds of some sort of fart gas when they do explode from what I can tell. So it is kind of a whole mess
(05-29-2024, 06:38 PM)Scaltra Wrote: Okay, having now played with and done a gimmick with bot bots. I now think it would be a pretty bad idea unless their mechanics were changed. Because they tend to explode themselves and release chem clouds of some sort of fart gas when they do explode from what I can tell. So it is kind of a whole mess

Exactly! But the idea of making a fart container should be something that can be made in science.
Imagine that science comes to the TEG with: "Here's a full gas canistar of farts"