Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[idea] Station score idea
The scientist and civilian has no station score (scientist only has artifact analysis) so I share some idea for station score 
============================
Research department
-Plasma research 
  Station score depend on max cap of TTV for example 
  If max cap TTV is 50000 kpa if pressure Crystal I sell is 40,000 it mean plasma research will be 80% 
 *special note if we can make canisterbomb it will might be over 100% for fun 
-Chemistry research 
  Station score depend on % we complete chemistry request from console 
   For example of got requested for example if someone order chemical 4 request and chemist only send it 2 of them the station score will be 50% 
  * and it should be great if it show the chemical list that chemist done it
Civilian department 
-Botanist 
-Chef 
-Bartender 
There job no measurement to do like other department so it should calculate by the contract** they did 
**Contract and cargo
Since contract is like a quest in game so we can measure it by 
The contract we finish / total contract available in all round (emergency contract include) 
Also should add the contract completion by related department 
For example 
If cargo do  contract so in the station score result should show how many contract we finish and what contract relate to the department
I like the chemistry station score idea, not so sure about the ttv one though. Seems to incentivize making maxcaps every round for antags to hang around and then steal.

Cargo score kind of already exists in the form of station profit? Could translate it into a percentage (e.g. 50% score is untouched station budget, lower than the roundstart value is less than 50%, higher than it is higher than 50%, with values over 100% and under 0% possible).

By contracts i think you mean requisitions, but they're intentionally optional. Would be hard to make it a percentage completion thing. Fulfilling every requisition seems pretty impossible, and 100% score being near unattainable will likely cause people to not bother reading the score at all.
I'd prefer if toxins credits was more along the lines of just a list of the highest values sold as opposed to a percentage
(02-24-2024, 06:28 AM)Tyrant Wrote: I like the chemistry station score idea, not so sure about the ttv one though. Seems to incentivize making maxcaps every round for antags to hang around and then steal.

Cargo score kind of already exists in the form of station profit? Could translate it into a percentage (e.g. 50% score is untouched station budget, lower than the roundstart value is less than 50%, higher than it is higher than 50%, with values over 100% and under 0% possible).

By contracts i think you mean requisitions, but they're intentionally optional. Would be hard to make it a percentage completion thing. Fulfilling every requisition seems pretty impossible, and 100% score being near unattainable will likely cause people to not bother reading the score at all.

Yeah but many time cargo ask people to help them do contract like make some plenty of acid which is complicated but not show in station score that we did it is abit sad

(02-24-2024, 07:24 AM)JOELED Wrote: I'd prefer if toxins credits was more along the lines of just a list of the highest values sold as opposed to a percentage
That look more make sense good to suggest
So we don’t need only to focus on max cap but focus on the price value too!
(02-24-2024, 06:17 AM)meaow589 Wrote: The scientist and civilian has no station score (scientist only has artifact analysis) so I share some idea for station score 
-Chemistry research 

Fun idea, but this would also require a rework of the chemistry requester. All you need to do is say "Completed" and it counts as completed, no checking of your work. Also, if someone requests a dangerous chemical you would be docked points for declining to do so.

(02-24-2024, 06:17 AM)meaow589 Wrote: ============================
Civilian department 

This feels less like grading civilians and more grading cargo, I'd rather have some form of grading based on food made, booze drunken, or plants grown.
(02-24-2024, 08:49 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 06:17 AM)meaow589 Wrote: The scientist and civilian has no station score (scientist only has artifact analysis) so I share some idea for station score 
-Chemistry research 

Fun idea, but this would also require a rework of the chemistry requester. All you need to do is say "Completed" and it counts as completed, no checking of your work. Also, if someone requests a dangerous chemical you would be docked points for declining to do so.

Civilian department 

This feels less like grading civilians and more grading cargo, I'd rather have some form of grading based on food made, booze drunken, or plants grown.
Yes you’re right but I still can’t figure it out how to measure it since there are 2-3 measurement that need to think quality amount ingredients 
For example if botanist just create perfect jumbo Apple compare to perfect life weed how do we calculate it to score it seem hard right? to make it become real we need to list all the fruit and label it score then multiply it with quality to make it can be calculated

(02-24-2024, 08:49 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote:
-Chemistry research 

Civilian department 

Yes you’re right but I still can’t figure it out how to measure it since there are 2-3 measurement that need to think quality amount ingredients 
For example if botanist just create perfect jumbo Apple compare to perfect life weed how do we calculate it to score it seem hard right? to make it become real we need to list all the fruit and label it score then multiply it with quality to make it can be calculated