Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build-A-Base Workshop 13
Pushing past other people is what help intent is for.
Hello, more thoughts.

When you buy normal things from the QM like a Medical Reservoir Container then you can only buy one at a time. Now, that's fine on the normal station where rounds are roughly one hour and we start with a fully stocked medbay, but when you're building your own you're going to need to buy things like this in bulk, because buying them one at a time is a bitch. Thus, I think that the QM in the Construction Mode should be able to buy normal QM things in bulk, like how you can buy merchant goods in bulk.
Progress report:

http://imgur.com/2JZSn1J

No admin tools were used during the production of the station bit you can see on the image.
Marquesas Wrote:Progress report:

http://imgur.com/2JZSn1J

No admin tools were used during the production of the station bit you can see on the image.
How did you make those pattern tiles and wood walls?

And why do you have a blood-stained RCD?
The plan marker allows you to place floor and wall plans of multiple kinds. Floors and walls placed on the respective type of plan will assume the icon of the planned turf.

And the RCD is blood stained because I accidentally hit myself with it.
Are there any more public test rounds planned?
Marquesas Wrote:You're killing me. Please realize that everything you can see on that shuttle is hand-coded to be at a specific set of relative coordinates and if I want to add to the ship I have to edit the coordinates of, on average, one-third of everything on the shuttle.

Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:[Image: WpHhBux.png] - Magnetizer ----- This one I do rather like.

But I find these two rather plain.
[Image: qCSj8BQ.png] - Plan Marker

[Image: Y7tw3HG.png] - Room Marker

Alright, here's two more tries.

[Image: p0HNC6g.png] - Plan Marker. I started from mostly scratch on this one, I tried to make it more distinct and interesting.

[Image: ZCaPmSt.png] - Room Marker. I made an attempt at adding the nanotrasen logo since its for sending information to command or whatever for credit for making a room.

If you don't like those, I can try some more designs. The room marker one might be kinda tacky.
Why not make the markers look like a spray can?
Just went on #1 and played a bit with the designator. You can easily make some patterns once you understand how they are laid out:

[Image: h6QS3pk.png]

This is as far as my 2 matter cartridges went though. Also the walls were more problematic, I chose "shuttle orange" but that just gave me regular gray walls. Wooden walls and the reinforced ones seemed to work though.

Sadly, even though the station wasn't very large it lagged quite horribly. Also the shuttle engine room had a plasma fire going which meant you were breathing burning hot air as soon as you spawned.
Okay list of suggestions

Make it so that we can weld empty crates and get metal

Make that green blueprint gun work from a distance

Make it so construction borgs can see blueprints

And let us buy tool belts or make a few spawn at the start of the round