Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genetics Kills Test Subjects
While I'm sure most of us are fully aware of geneticists who lock and intentionally harm their patients, this is not what I'm talking about.

Right now, anyone that you stick inside the DNA holding chamber will have a decently large chance to randomly pass out for no apparent reason. On top of this, it appears that there's no oxygen inside the machines either, and subjects will begin accruing oxygen damage. Of course, this makes doing testing on anyone very...irritating, more so when you're attempting to find a specific power and need to repeatedly scramble genes (if someone passes out, even with 0 damage, it'll give the message "can't be used on dead or dying patients).

Fairly easy bug to replicate; just throw someone in a the modification chamber and leave them there for about 30 seconds, take them out, then check their damage with a health analyzer.
I was a Genetics test subject yesterday and was perfectly fine. Are you sure there was air in the room? It's easy to overlook a broken window if the grill is still intact.
Quote:need to repeatedly scramble genes

If I remember right, this causes whoever's inside a shitload of radiation damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that could be the cause of it.
Paineframe Wrote:I was a Genetics test subject yesterday and was perfectly fine. Are you sure there was air in the room? It's easy to overlook a broken window if the grill is still intact.

Completely positive. In both instances genetics was never damaged once and the station was completely intact.

Darkchis Wrote:
Quote:need to repeatedly scramble genes

If I remember right, this causes whoever's inside a shitload of radiation damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that could be the cause of it.

This happens before you irradiate them, I'm just saying it makes irradiating them frustrating, to say the least.
Turns out being in an airtight box for extended periods of time makes it difficult to breathe.
(this also happens with lockers)
I'd suggest volunteering yourself as a test subject, then a-helping if you experience this weirdness if there's no other clear reason for it (irradiation, hull breach).