HoS Application - Poly Danx
Usual character name: Poly Danx
BYOND username: Polydanke
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Polydanx

Recommended by (if applicable): None
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 1 Classic: Heisenbee
Reason for application:
Personally, and i don't think i speak alone on this, having a fun HoS in the round can make a huge difference such as bringing the Sec team together as a more cohesive and organised team and overall just making the crew feel safer. A HoS is someone to trust when all hope seems lost for the station. (Unless they're mindhacked haha) This is why I am applying for the Head of Security role as i'd love to bring more fun into rounds, especially with the lack of HoS' during low-population periods on Server 1. I also aim to be fair to antagonists and ensure their round isn't miserably cut short for little to no reason.
Security experience (300 word minimum):
Not going to sugar-coat it here, but for my first few Security Officer rounds, I'd say I was akin to a walking loot box for antagonists, since then I believe I have improved my Security skills and can execute most arrests with little to no problems. Unlike others I actually got into Security a lot earlier, (Albeit under random names each round, er.. shift.). This gave me a fair amount of experience with the role and allowed me to decide which loadout and utilities best matched my playstyle. The experience also allowed me to learn from other Officers on some key tactics and points such as Communication and Fairness, topics I have also carried on to newer Officers once i became experienced enough. I will elaborate on these points. COMMUNICATION: I'm going to go ahead and bet the majority of applications have mentioned this but there's obviously a reason for it. Communication is vital among Officers and HoS' because it bolsters the overall organisation of the team. As well as letting everyone know where and what you're doing. Doing something as little as saying "Statuses?" in the Security radio every few minutes like I do sometimes, will give you a basic understanding on how everyone's doing and if anything needs tackling. FAIRNESS (Don't be shitty/petty): Again this is a pretty basic point but it is additionally a key point in security. I've been murdered quite a bit, much of the time it's the same person(s). It sucks, doesn't it? Well you shouldn't let people get on your nerves and/or discourage you as a role like Security Officer, you are supposed to protect and serve the station. Just because someone killed you in a previous round doesn't mean you should give them a heftier brig time. Validhunting is probably one of my least favourite things I've seen on this server. I'll admit its gotten better, but i still see some officers try and arrest, and/or kill a traitor who hasn't yet done any crime (Please guys, it makes the round less interesting for EVERYONE.)
Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    When a mindhack army of mimes along with a murderous skeleton staff assistant banded together as a gang to harass, humiliate and attempt to murder me frown 

• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    I'm no stranger to being a solo security, and if you've played on Classic for a while, more than likely you've seen me on my own. If i am indeed solo, i tend to be more alert and ready to face off at all times. While its sad i can't do as much fun shit due to having no-one to rely on, its a real learning experience that can greatly improve your skill and help you become more independent. 

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Each round brings stories of trials endured,Of antags' unmasked and justice poised,We navigate the station with a watchful eye,In a churning vortex of truth and lie.  Sleeping bee

• What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    S.W.A.T Security, when going to arrest an antag we all gather up on a door and breach it in a cohesive manner, also utilizing things like flashbangs and stingers to clear the room. Maybe in extreme cases even using sledgehammers and door-breaching rooms.

[b]Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None  space bear[/b]
Beside the absolutely abhorrent poem they wrote in this application, Poly has always been a really responsible sec player as well as being a generally enjoyable player in other roles. As said in their application, I often see them playing on rounds with little to no other sec and they are pretty much always able to keep a hold on the station despite their lackluster odds. I they have the personality to be a leader as well as give fair punishments and believe would make a great HoS
Overall a huge +1, would be delighted to have them lead sec
They have the right balance of fun and serious and deal with gimmicks and weirdness well, I think they'd make a good HoS
Poly is always a energetic and fun secoff who also takes the law seriously enough to be a good sec player to the station while still being goofy, +1.