Goonstation Forums
Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Ideas & Suggestions (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] (/showthread.php?tid=7012)

Pages: 1 2

Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - New525 - 09-06-2016

One of my biggest fears while playing traitor is walking over some random space lube or ice and dropping something incriminating. This can reveal you as traitor to the entire station as minimal fault of your own. My suggestion is a new traitor item costing 2-4 TC that when equipped stops you from dropping items when you fall. They should be disguised as normal black gloves. They are not without downsides however, they should prevent you from throwing anything while they are equipped and would prevent you from wearing insulated gloves.

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - BBEG - 09-06-2016

(09-06-2016, 09:36 AM)New525 Wrote: One of my biggest fears while playing traitor is walking over some random space lube or ice and dropping something incriminating. This can reveal you as traitor to the entire station as minimal fault of your own. My suggestion is a new traitor item costing 2-4 TC that when equipped stops you from dropping items when you fall. They should be disguised as normal black gloves. They are not without downsides however, they should prevent you from throwing anything while they are equipped and would prevent you from wearing insulated gloves.

i support this if only due to the hilarious and highly likely possibility of a traitor equipping them and then forgetting to unequip them after arming a bomb to throw

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - medsal15 - 09-06-2016

(09-06-2016, 09:45 AM)BBEG Wrote:
(09-06-2016, 09:36 AM)New525 Wrote: One of my biggest fears while playing traitor is walking over some random space lube or ice and dropping something incriminating. This can reveal you as traitor to the entire station as minimal fault of your own. My suggestion is a new traitor item costing 2-4 TC that when equipped stops you from dropping items when you fall. They should be disguised as normal black gloves. They are not without downsides however, they should prevent you from throwing anything while they are equipped and would prevent you from wearing insulated gloves.

i support this if only due to the hilarious and highly likely possibility of a traitor equipping them and then forgetting to unequip them after arming a bomb to throw

I can already read the salty dead traitor.
"GOD DAMN GLOVES WHY DIDNT I REMOVE THEM BEFORE"

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - babayetu83 - 09-06-2016

if theyre so sticky they should also be useful in choking out people and make it harder for people to break free of your grip

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - Noah Buttes - 09-06-2016

(09-06-2016, 09:45 AM)BBEG Wrote:

Demonology 101

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - Nnystyxx - 09-06-2016

Yes please, I support this and everything suggested thus far

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - Vitatroll - 09-06-2016

Oh hey, a traitor item suggestion that I actually like. Neat.

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - amaranthineApocalypse - 09-06-2016

I am also a fan of this idea, just because the idea of a one armed traitor staff assistant who doesn't drop anything when stunned being nearly impossible for sec to pin down is absolutely hilarious to me

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - DreamCarver - 09-06-2016

It should take effort to peel them off your hands yourself. Maybe even make them unremovable by other people.

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - Boa Jacque - 09-06-2016

I love all of it. Time to add my two cents (as if anyone cared, but this might be good so bear with me)

Bump up the telecrystal cost, and add the ability to pick pockets with them at instant-speed. (and possibly stealthily.)
Left hand for left pocket, right hand for right pocket.

Perhaps even allow you to use these gloves to stuff a grenade -into- an empty pocket by the same mechanic. However, if there is already an item in their pocket and you go to add a grenade, then it fails, notifies the victim and surrounding people, and you also have a primed grenade in your hand instead of their pocket.
If the above gets added, the grenade should auto-prime on pocket attempt, regardless of success or fail, rather than manually.

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - atamusvaleo - 09-07-2016

(09-06-2016, 04:23 PM)Boa Jacque Wrote: STICKY BANDITS!

[Image: LKAkPzU.jpg]

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - MagicStudiosGuy - 09-07-2016

This is a pretty great idea. And the ideas about it being harder to escape a grab and it making pickpocketing easier but at a risk make it even better for 3-5 telecrystals.

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - Firebarrage - 09-07-2016

This sounds hilarious! It has my support.
Also if you punch/slap someone in the face it should steal their glasses or hat right off. Punch the captain and run off with his hat.

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - misto - 09-07-2016

but they make it impossible to throw someone because too sticky

RE: Sticky Gloves [Traitor Item] - DreamCarver - 09-07-2016

Can it use the Squidward walking sound when used? Please?

*squck*