Goonstation Forums
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - Printable Version

+- Goonstation Forums (https://forum.ss13.co)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? (/showthread.php?tid=3608)

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - medsal15 - 07-17-2015

ErikHanson Wrote:Here is an image of the door itself, it requires fifteen keys, thanks Enrique Bowchiew for helping me smile

[Image: 5v8L14371551124W7f5A143715511259758y1437...51121s.png]
Sacrifice me

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - Admiral jimbob - 07-17-2015

I'm not really sure why the admins are kinda encouraging people to abuse bugs to get to centcom when they keep patching them out and telling us to stop using them

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - BlackPhoenix - 07-17-2015

Did you guys ever think that perhaps you haven't done the actual right thing in the Solarium line to open a path to Centcomm? That maybe one of the puzzles is still unsolved, and that solving it gives a legitimate way to get there?

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - enricociccio_2 - 07-17-2015

BlackPhoenix Wrote:Did you guys ever think that perhaps you haven't done the actual right thing in the Solarium line to open a path to Centcomm? That maybe one of the puzzles is still unsolved, and that solving it gives a legitimate way to get there?

Probably, but untill then, exploits are the only way to get there.

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - Cirrial - 07-17-2015

This entire thing is a honeypot operation to nail down all the bugs in the game that let you get to CentCom early, I swear. Give the most dedicated and knowledgeable a motivation to break the game and watch them do it. Free bug testing!

enricociccio_2 Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Did you guys ever think that perhaps you haven't done the actual right thing in the Solarium line to open a path to Centcomm? That maybe one of the puzzles is still unsolved, and that solving it gives a legitimate way to get there?

Furthermore, don't you think that you will continue having problems moving forward until you find the legitimate way? Like, maybe unless you do the legitimate way, you'll be stuck, so trying hard to skip it is a bad idea?

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - Erik - 07-17-2015

Cirrial Wrote:This entire thing is a honeypot operation to nail down all the bugs in the game that let you get to CentCom early, I swear. Give the most dedicated and knowledgeable a motivation to break the game and watch them do it. Free bug testing!

I got ~5 ways to get to centcom, good luck patching that haha.

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - KikiMofo - 07-17-2015

BlackPhoenix Wrote:
enricociccio_2 Wrote:

Furthermore, don't you think that you will continue having problems moving forward until you find the legitimate way? Like, maybe unless you do the legitimate way, you'll be stuck, so trying hard to skip it is a bad idea?
Well maybe if they gave us a hint on the CORRECT way, we wouldn't be using all the INCORRECT ways. I mean out of the 5 or 6 ways to get to centcom how are people suppose to know what the correct way is.

KikiMofo Wrote:Well maybe if they gave us a hint on the CORRECT way, we wouldn't be using all the INCORRECT ways. I mean out of the 5 or 6 ways to get to centcom how are people suppose to know what the correct way is.

A good hint would be that, if you didn't get to it through one of the Solarium puzzles or paths, you likely are abusing a bug.

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - Zamujasa - 07-18-2015

Well, one of the ways I had to get there (that did involve other adventure zones) appears to have been removed, so even that isn't really a guarantee. v

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - Erik - 07-18-2015

Zamujasa Wrote:Well, one of the ways I had to get there (that did involve other adventure zones) appears to have been removed, so even that isn't really a guarantee. v
You mean the technique that involves placing construction telepads on Z2? Yeah thats patched, however i got around ~5 more ways of getting there via really obsecure methods.

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - BlackPhoenix - 07-18-2015

If anything, it'd probably be like..."Hey, here's an item that teleports you to centcomm" or "Hey, here's a teleportation pad that's already here that takes you to centcomm", or something along those lines. I may be entirely wrong, but I think if you need to get to centcomm before round end, there is a legit way that isn't going to be all that complex.

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - Erik - 07-18-2015

[Image: 1W14143723471078041k14372347104D8e8W1437...47107l.png]

at least we can now get heavy items to centcom, before the shuttle docks! haha.

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - Erik - 07-19-2015

Code:
[07:37:21] 20<ErikHanson>30 i´ve just spent >550 minutes pulling apart floor tiles, and clicking on floors. thanks Zamujasa Noah_Buttes and others for joining in on #1 :)
[07:38:03] 20<ErikHanson>30 conclusions: the z-drone has no hidden keys under floors.
[07:38:20] 20<ErikHanson>30 the station has no hidden keys under the floors
[07:38:24] 20<ErikHanson>30 you cant shovel at centcom
[07:38:38] 20<ErikHanson>30 there is no known way to fix the array on the z-drone
[07:38:52] 20<ErikHanson>30 there are several icon errors with the chained pen, and the old book
[07:39:34] 20<ErikHanson>30 oh and the old fancy key does not work on the door.
[07:39:50] 20<ErikHanson>30 it seems that it only accepts one of the 15 solarium related keys.
[07:40:17] 20<ErikHanson>30 we also tried the nuke disk, footballs, and vodka on the cheget.
[07:40:29] 20<ErikHanson>30 it only seems to accept keys.
[07:41:09] 20<ErikHanson>30 i´ve also clicked all floortiles on sol, mars, and the drone factory.
[07:41:38] 20<ErikHanson>30 however, a few days ago, we saw a stairway key, which may, or may not be an badmin-spawned key, which has nothing to do with solarium.
[07:42:01] 20<ErikHanson>30 going to grab some sleep now, admins please leave a cryptic, or non-cryptic note about the cheget :>
[07:42:44] 20<ErikHanson>30 also, this is how telescience looks after more than 8 hours of fucking around.

[Image: 4h2U14373690615N8T9b1437369061458L2Y1437...90613N.png]

Re: Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared? - Erik - 07-19-2015

BlackPhoenix Wrote:
enricociccio_2 Wrote:

Admins have confirmed me they have removed all gib tiles, and unpatched some things so we could get there, it seems to be a thing now.